Saturday, May 08, 2004

This Is What Happens when I Forget to Take My B-Vitamins Before I go Out

So I was looking forward to spending a chill night at HotHouse listening to D-Settlement (who BROUGHT IT, by the way) and hoisting a couple of the new Goose Island "312" ales when I remembered that Young's Double Chocolate Stout is now on tap. To further complicate matters, there was a bottle of Jefferson's Reserve bourbon looking mighty lonely on a shelf.

2 a.m. rolled around and I'm at Dunkin' Donuts at Archer and Halsted- a place I said I'd never frequent again because one night I caught the night shift guy rubbing his feet and then handling the apple fritters. But I'm not a proud man when I just spent the past five hours pulling a bourbon/beer daisy chain. So I slushed my way to the counter for some deep-fried, spongy salvation to soak the keg in my belly. My man was there, with gloves on.

No comments: