-The Stoner Rock experiments of Acid Mothers Temple settles in for a two-night stay at the Abbey Pub. Bring earplugs, these fuckers are loud!!!
- Jay Bennett takes the stage at Gunther Murphy's. Note: Monica Kendrick in this week's Reader said that the ex-Wilco member may "have some shit to work through", so please don't drunkenly yell out Jeff Tweedy's name, please.
- Irony Alert: The Empty Bottle hosts "1977 Punk Tribute Night" with Clash, The Damned, and The Jam cover bands. I'm taking odds that the average age of the audience wasn't even born when the original Clash, Jam, and Damned formed. E-mail them to me with your best Lagos fortune-in-escrow schemes.
- Lincoln Avenue strip mainstays Bumpus apparently are still around and playing at the Wise Fools Pub. They may have some shit to work through, as well, so drunkenly scream out Rachael Yamagata's name between songs.
- If you're in Albany Park this evening, pick up a half-pint at the liquor store on Kedzie and Montrose, go to the Candlestick Maker and catch master drummer Harris Eisenstadt.
- The Legendary Sheila Jordan wraps up a two-night stay at the Green Mill.
- Spider Saloff & the Uptown String Trio lay some torch down at Katerina's
- The Old Town School of Folk gives its stage to New York's legendary Hot Club of 52nd Street and the ageless Johnny Frigo Quartet
- Monday's a holiday so head to the Kane County Fairgrounds for the Flavors of Greece Food Festival. Greek cuisine was Atkins before Atkins was Atkins!!
And please eat your fair share of brats, burgers, and kebobs this weekend as Memorial Day is the start of the grill season. Excelsior!!