Monday, January 14, 2008

Space


Waiting for the Purple Line
Originally uploaded by bridgeportseasoning.

This weekend, for the first time since I started my new job, I haven't had to wake up early (or stay up late, for that matter) working on outstanding obligations. With the state of things at the Sun-Times, I don't know when I'll hear back about my latest pitches (which reminds me to recommend you read my absinthe story if you haven't already). Two pieces I had due to Erin are also in the hopper, one she graciously allowed me some extra, post-New Year's time to work on. So now I wait for the checks to roll in. Oh, and I need to get off my ass and e-mail an old high school classmate who said to contact her if I was looking for more work.

So, with all obligations fulfilled for now, I got to spend quality time pampering the dog and cooking this weekend. A note: if you're making gumbo from scratch, plan on it being a two-hour job, at least. And follow the instructions on making roux to the letter. Otherwise you'll be making a giant pot of gravy unless you thin it out with major amounts of water.

No comments: