Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fall Off The Horse, Get Back On


I've been fighting some major lethargy the past couple weeks related to flu bugs and working in an office where anyone can become the outbreak monkey at any time. Friday was the first day I felt back to my normal self, so of course I celebrate by having hot dogs and chili cheese fries at the Wiener and Still Champion in Evanston for lunch. You know, 'cause they make one of the best hot dogs in the area, hands down. Gus and his employees just slather that Vienna link with loads of onions, relish. pickle slices, peppers and celery salt.

Bad idea. Those chili cheese fries laid my ass out cold Friday night and yesterday. I thought it might have been the pasta I made when I got home from work Friday night, but (TMI Alert) every time I kept belching I could taste the spices from the chili. There was simply no recourse but to just stay close to home, drink lots of water to stay hydrated and sweat it out.

So now I'm behind my timetables for some assignments I have due. But that's alright; I might tempt fate with another bowl of my smoked sausage and chicken gumbo with duck fat roux.

Received this missive from Matt:

I went down to the Bridgeport Coffeehouse on your recommendation to buy some beans today. A++++, would do business with again. Ever since the shop that sold Intelligentsia in my neighborhood closed, I had been traipsing all the way up to Metropolis. Nice to have a closer option.



And it's nice to see that sometimes my recommendations are well-received.

No comments: