Friday, April 14, 2006

GOOD Friday


My "guido" swipe from last week aside, I like reading the B News. One of their best regular features is their "A View from the Neighborhood" series - videos of the neighborhood shot by two local boys back in 1985. Wednesday's video - the "It's kind of dismal in here" visit to a tv repair shop and corner grocery at 31st and Wells - was laugh out loud funny. Reminds me of growing up on the northwest side. I swear to whatever you find holy my uncles never met a cocktail waitress they could not flirt with. Uncle Red in particular was particularly adept at this. I remember when my cousin Pat got married in '87 the waitresses were clearing the tables for dessert. Red handed the bread basket to our waitress and said with a leer, "You want these buns, baby?"

And it fucking worked!!


No comments: