Monday, April 17, 2006

Drying out


The Spirit of '76
Originally uploaded by bridgeportseasoning.

I found this old RC Cola ad in between monsoons yesterday (I think I drowned my iPod in the process). Take a look at how intact it is. This has to be thirty years old; judging from the stars-and-stripes decoration on the "r" this was probably a bicentennial ad. The corner grocery where I found this was like a veritable shrine to the 60's and 70's; I almost expected to find a bottle redemption program inside. I'll be posting more photos from that on Flickr in the coming days.

In the meantime, did you know that we've seen an increase in wetlands over the past ten years? Yup. All the Department of the Interior did was count golf course water hazards as such. This is your "outrage at the Republican Party" moment of the day.

No comments: