Monday, January 05, 2004

Brass Bra Cold!!!

I've got a couple days off at the day job this week while we do some clean-up and renovations, so I'm working out some writer's block right now. The deep freeze is on as the snow stopped falling last night and now the winds are in. My stepfather calls it "colder than a witches tit in a brass bra" outside. The cappucino I made is not helping matters.

Over the summer my friend Mark took part in a reality television series that debuts tonight. It's called "House of Dreams." It's a "Survivor" type unscripted series where sixteen people are assembled to build a house, but only one of them will win the house. Like most reality shows (and weblogs/personal journals, for that matter) some people participate for altruistic means, some in a desperate bid for fleeting fame. Or, as Mark would say, "processing through Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs."

Anyhoo, there's a premiere party at Piece Pizza in Wicker Park this evening at 7 p.m. Mark and four other contestants will be there. If I know Mark like I think I do, he'll probably be the first one voted off the show. But that won't bother him. That'll be followed by a screening of a film Mark produced for inclusion in the 2K4 Summer Olympics ceremonies. I'm sincerely praying for an open bar package.

Did I mention it's cold outside?

No comments: