Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Winamp Screen Capture


My Winamp Screen Capture
Originally uploaded by bridgeportseasoning.

I've always been a fan of Winamp, one of the few things AOL gets right these days. This is the screen capture of their 10th anniversary addition (version 5.5). it includes a new skin called "Bento" that approximates the iTunes appearance, integrates with iPods better (without a separate plugin), and loads quicker than iTunes, Windows Media, and other players.

Winamp 5.5 also has a built-in browser that allows you to browse your favorite websites while listening, and a media monitor that searches popular MP3 sites for new downloads. This is a great feature because it allows the user to check out and catalog his or her favorite music blogs. Right now I'm listening to the Funky 16 Corners blog, one of the best classic soul sites around.

It still has its drawbacks. For example, if you made any DRM-protected or other fairplay songs from iTunes, those songs won't be added to the Winamp jukebox. Lucky I still subscribe to eMusic, so the libraries are easily integrated.

Speaking of, I'm absolutely digging the new eMusic remote downloader. It allows me to both automatically enter my downloads into my preferred player and sync my playlists at the same time.

No comments: