Thursday, May 17, 2007

Only in New York


Douchebag in Utero
Originally uploaded by bridgeportseasoning.

When I read about David Blaine's plans to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, it reminded me that when I was in New York last spring he was immersed in a water-filled bubble in the middle of Lincoln Center.

I used this photo at the time for anyone who thinks hayseed behavior is limited to the flyover staes. Turns out its more an example of gapers block. We love a good accident, especially one we anticipate happening. Anyone remember what happened at the end of Blaine's stay in this bubble last year? He was supposed to hold his breath underwater for nine, ten minutes or something, and had to get dragged out of the bubble around seen minutes in, I think. I'm too lazy to look around YouTube for it, anyway. Besides, I'm trying to score an invitation to Joost and move past YouTube.

No comments: