Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Breakfast of Champions

I have a few guilty pleasures. One of the biggest ones is Reese Sticks, those peanut butter and chocolate covered cookie sticks that make a wonderful alternative to Twix. My breakfast yesterday consisted of three four-packs of them and a caramel macchiato. One can guess what happened next.

I'm at the computer getting some work done and kept nodding off. At one point I banged my head off the monitor hard. It got to the point to where Emmy was nuzzling me with her snout to keep me awake. I managed to finish what I needed to do, then staggered over to the couch and passed out until around 4:30. Then I went to the note board in the kitchen and put grocery shopping on the top of my priority list.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm very vocal about my love of Winamp. Its open-source coding allowed me to access songs I purchased from the iTunes store and transfer files from my iPod to my hard drive (and vice versa) without opening iTunes. It's also more stable than iTunes and doesn't take up as much hard drive space or memory to run.

I say "allowed" because the most recent iTunes update apparently closed off the latter function. When I open Winamp now and my iPod is connected to my computer, Winamp doesn't recognize it as connected. I'm hoping some ambitious Winamp fan recognizes this and creates a plugin to correct this very soon. I'd like the flexibility to add and remove songs from my iPod at my leisure, without having to fire up Winamp.

No comments: