Wednesday, January 31, 2007

You'd Think I'd Be More Excited...

And I am, but I've been too preoccupied with other things to really let it show, including putting together an editorial plan for the food and drink beat at Chicagoist.

Say hello to the new Associate Editor of food and drink. I guess what this means is that I can't just rely on reviews of cheap eats and beers anymore. It's just as well, as it seems the more I learn about the beat, the more I realize I have to learn. It's fortuitous that the beat already has some damn good writers that I'd like to showcase more. I think we're all up for the challenge. Now I just need to finish my "foodist manifesto."

When I first signed on for Chicagoist, I wasn't certain how I going to fit in. I had my preconceptions about the site and staff. As I became more comfortable and let myself open up, those preconceptions turned out to be misconceptions by the time I finally met most of the staff. You couldn't meet a better group of talented people, and I'm actually proud to be among the number. It's made me a better writer and given me the confidence to actually sieze or create my own opportunities.

And those are more than just "synopsis, synthesis, and snark."

No comments: