Friday, March 24, 2006

Comments About No Comments


Train Bridge
Originally uploaded by bridgeportseasoning.

Michelle at Much Stuff last week wrote briefly of my policy regarding comments on this site with regards to wh she likes comments. As stated before, I don't utilize comments on this site for two reasons:

- if anyone wants to respond to one of my posts they can contact me directly
- it keeps the anonymous slagging from chickenshits to a minimum.

Luckily my spam filters work well or else I'd be inundated with offers of how I could "wake the sleeping giant in my pants." That said, to the handful of you who've contacted me in recent weeks to comment on the Seasoning: thank you. Particularly the kind words from WCIU's George Blaise regarding my Chicagoist work.

And to Michael: I know you'd like me to write more about jazz and blues, but you're gonna have to sift through the political rants to get there; I'm a frustrated borderline Marxist. Like Gil Scott-Heron said nearly forty years ago, the revolution will not be televised.

I also find Chicago blues to be the modern day equivalent to minstrel pandering.

No comments: