Sunday, August 28, 2005

So, Like, Real Blogging, Eh?

Back and rested from the weekend. The wedding was great and it was wonderful to get to spend some time with the family for a weekend. Anyhoo, congratulations Anne & Pete. Sorry I did not make the jam session at Logan's in Freeport.

Quotes of the Day:

"I know people think that this is a vanity job or that I'm the guy that just brings in talent and I'm out of the office three months a year and I only come in once in while, you know, like the real president." - Jay-Z in the New York Times on his day-to-day struggles as president of Def Jam Records.

"Elvis was constantly surrounded by his entourage and I was only 17, and I'm sure they knew it." - Cassandra Peterson, aka Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, on her desire to lose her virginity to Elvis Presley. Instead, she required stitches after being deflowered by the apparently choad-packing Tom Jones.

"There will come a time – whether it’s in five months or 5 years or 50 years, I don’t know – when we’ll all have to answer the question of what we were doing when the Bush-Robertson-Coulter crowd tried to ruin America, just as earlier generations had to explain the mass hysteria of the Salem Witch Trials or McCarthyism. Cindy Sheehan and New Yorkers don’t need lectures from those that hate the values of a country whose flag they perennially wave." - Former New York Mayoral candidate Mark Green in the Huffington Post, responding to recent comments by psychotic nag Ann Coulter that New Yorkers would "surrender" to terrorists if attacked again.

No comments: