Friday, April 30, 2004

Weekend Round-up: Get your compassion on!!

Well, having spent the day doing minor chores and working on my story for the next "Speak Easy" I thought I would get a plug for a weekend benefit in the off chance anyone reads this thing, sent to me via my friend Juanita. To wit:

"A BENEFIT TO BE HELD FOR BENJAMIM ON MAY 1ST AT:

WEEDS
1555 NORTH DAYTON
(CORNER OF DAYTON AND WEED ST.)
312 943 7815

12 PM TO 2 AM (THIS SATURDAY)
FREE FOOD 12 TO 5PM

VARIOUS MUSIC SUCH AS-

-DJ'S (friends of Ben's)
-JIMBO-DELTA
-BEDBUGS
-FEMAL! CRITTERS
-SERGIO WILL ALSO PERFORM FOR THE CAUSE

WE WOULD APPREICATE YOUR PRESENTS AND SUPPORT."

"Benjamim" is her son, a locally based hip-hop artist and producer who was recently diagnosed with full-blown AIDS. The proceeds of the event will help offset his medical costs, as those cocktails aren't cheap. And for those of you who've never been to Weeds, go for the place alone.

I'll be sending out information next week on the line-up for the next "Speak Easy" at HotHouse. I promise to have you all tucked in by a resonable hour this time. Also, I will be reading this time around. That is, provided I can finish this story and edit it.

No comments: