Saturday, February 17, 2007

'Round the Corner


Words of wisdom from The Office's Dwight Schrute:

"Whenever I get ready to do something I think to myself, 'Would an idiot do that?' And if they would, I do not do that thing."
Following that, Dwight unwittingly sets loose a bat in the Dundler Mifflin offices.

Luaka Bop records is finally available on eMusic. I'm so stoked for this. David Byrne's label, dedicated to releasing the best cosmopolitan music from the Americas and beyond, is the home to such reknowned artists as Susana Baca, Zap Mama, Tom Ze, Os Mutantes, and Los Amigos Invisibles. Luaka Bop also released the second greatest album reissue ever (next to Iggy Pop's remastered "Raw Power"), Shuggie Otis' "Inspiration Information." I'm a confessed eMusic junkie. This only furthers the craving. The curious and cynical can get a taste of the Luaka Bop experience by sampling from their jukebox.

For those of you who enjoyed the Doug Zell interview at Chicagoist this week, stay tuned. One of my chief goals with the food/drink beat when I accepted the beat editor position was to place a focus on interviews. I didn't think we'd get such a quick start to it. We've got two more interviews in the works, one of 'em's big.

Real big. As in, "Face it, Tiger, you just hit the jackpot" big.

Like I said, stay tuned. The year of the Squeaky Wheel is in full swing.

No comments: