Thursday, February 10, 2005

Long Live The Champ

Jazz Organist Jimmy Smith passes away

Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Smith's "House Party", "The Sermon", "Back at the Chicken Shack", or "Root Down Live!" and find out why he was one of the top five jazz innovators of the 20th century. He was bad-ass.

There isn't much happening here so far this week. Emmy continues to impress me. When she desperately needs to be walked she grabs her leash and whips it around. Yesterday she took a treat off my chin with a four-foot standing jump. Absolutely amazing.

I found a steal of a computer (knock on wood) at a thrift store the other day. It's an IBM Netvista, pentium III 1 GHz processor, 36 GB hard drive with Windows ME as the operating system. It also has a DVD-ROM player, a CD-RW drive, and the hard drive looks to be nearly empty. From what I can gather the previous owner was using it solely to burn cds and download music of file-sharing networks and might've removed the original hard drive. I'm waiting to get a Windows XP upgrade so that the plug and play technology can fix the minor glitches I've found. I'll also be receiving my DSL hardware today so I can finally kiss goodbye the old computer.

I had to re-download the Mozilla suite and manually transfer all my bookmarks to the web browser, but it's completely worth not having the headaches of dealing with Internet Explorer.

No comments: